"POLL: "Crease" by Kee Avil (Closed)



(The poll is now finished and the results will be shared in a future episode of the show, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, feel free to continue streaming this fantastic music below, or follow the link and buy Crease to support the artist! -D)

It's time for another poll, dear listeners! This time around, we're asking your opinions on Crease, the debut album from Kee Avil, A.K.A. Canadian avant-garde musician and producer Vicky Mettler. It's an incredibly challenging and often unsettling work that's been in the works for over three years, and now it's been unleashed upon an unsuspecting world in all its fractured glory! You can find out more by visiting the artist's Bandcamp page HERE or you can listen to the album below:



Thanks for voting!

Comments

  1. I voted yes because the music is bizarre and challenging, it's like a puzzle that I'm left to figure out. I've never heard of the artist before, but now I'd like to learn more about them. I don't know, maybe I just like music that sounds like it's trying to strangle me. Is that a fetish? I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a PJ Harvey quality to this chick's voice that I really enjoy, but the overall style of the music doesn't work for me. It's okay, but I'm just not clicking with it. I do think it's interesting, but I think I'd enjoy a YouTube documentary breaking down how this album was made more than I actually enjoyed the album itself. The process might be more fascinating to me than the product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You introduced me to this bizarre shit and it's just great, freaky, sinister music that crawls up my spine and fills me with dread. Devil's Sweet Tooth is phenomenal, easily my favorite track. I checked out some of her live stuff on YouTube and it's really worthwhile, too. The music actually weirdly reminds me of this fucked up movie called Terrified that I saw a few years ago. It starts out as a ghost story, at least that's what you think it is, but these things might actually be evil creatures or whatever from another reality or something. They come through walls and possess people and all sorts of freaky shit. I think it's from Brazil? When I listen to Crease, I imagine scenes from Terrified playing out in my head, and it's like a match made in Hell. Anxiety and fear and maybe even the devil himself permeate this music, and I'm here for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fine, I guess. It doesn't need to be in anybody's cannon. Most of it's just not great. A lot of noise, a big creepy factor, if that's what you're into. I suppose that's not what I'm into with music. I want melodies and vocals that come together to create something emotionally moving. This stuff doesn't come together, and it doesn't want to come together. I could see this being used as the soundtrack for one of those "elevated" horror films from A24. Avant Garde spooky noise. Good. Sometimes. Never great. Doesn't belong in the cannon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment