POLL: "Jupiter's Purse" by MATTIE (Closed)

 


(The poll is now finished and the results will be shared in a future episode of the show, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, feel free to continue streaming this fantastic music below, or follow the link and buy Jupiter's Purse to support the artist! -D)

It's time for you, dear listener to make a difference! We're asking you to vote on whether or not Jupiter's Purse, a new EP by Dallas-based experimental soul artist MATTIE, is inducted in the TRAPPO Essentials Can(n)on. It's a fascinating and wonderful new work from an exciting new voice that you can learn more about by visiting the artist's Bandcamp page HERE or you can listen to the entire EP below:



Thanks for voting!

Comments

  1. I Broke My Shift KeyMarch 29, 2022 at 8:45 PM

    This music is badass. Some of it sounds like it's from an old kung fu movie that only exists in a parallel universe. The vocals get trippy and I'm not always sure what they mean, but I don't really care because it's got a good vibe to it that I can groove to, and that's more than enough for me. It's also short, so listening is not a big time commitment. There's a lot going on here in such a compact package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not feeling this. The beats are cool, but the lyrics don't do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this artist's voice and her attitude. I don't know how else to describe it. The way she spreads out certain words and can carry this graceful melody over some pretty haunting and killer sonic soundscapes. It's magic. "Human Thing" is just great all over. A passionate machine watching the human race consume itself with a broken heart. I've never heard of either MATTIE or Black Taffy before, but I'm all over their stuff from now on.

    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment