The Ultimate B-52's Mix Tape!

 


It's finally time! After a series of delays, we are finally ready to unveil the ultimate B-52's Mix Tape to the world! We know it's been far too long since we announced this crazy little project, and for that we sincerely apologize. In fact, the original plan for this week (if you listened to the previous episode) was to release the first episode of what became a two-part discussion covering the results of the recent poll we posted here on the blog (fantastic results, by the way and thank you to everybody who voted), but this episode had already been delayed too many times and needed to be released first. So that's that. The episode is now live for your listening enjoyment. 

In case you've forgotten (and it's been so long we wouldn't be surprised), back in Janurary-- 

January?! It's been six months?! Literally six months?! Wow. That's insane. I can't believe it's been six months. How did we bungle this so completely? The initial idea was to get the episode out in early March. June 24? Hoo boy.

Anyway, back in January, we opened a discussion thread on the blog, asking you, dear listeners, to nominate your favorite songs from The B-52's for possible inclusion on our mix tape. You would nominate the songs, and we would evaluate them individually to see if they were good enough for the TRAPPO Essentials Can(n)on. And now, six months later(?!), we've done just that. You all nominated a bunch of songs, and we decided whether or not they were good enough for our mix tape. We couldn't just let you build this mix tape yourselves. We would be fools to hand you absolute power, no matter how much we claim to respect your opinions. TRAPPO's mama didn't raise no fools. 

So now all that's left for you to do is sit back, relax, and let the good vibes from some of the most upbeat and catchy tunes ever recorded wash over you like a gentle rising tide, courtesy of the legendary B-52's. You can listen below, or find us on Apple, Google, RadioPublic, Pocket Casts, Spotify and Anchor, so choose your own adventure and fly off into the sunset on wings of sweet, sweet freedom...



That's it for now, but we'll be back soon with more TRAPPO madness, but you can keep the conversation going! Just comment below and tell us what you thought of the latest episode! Did the right songs make the cut? Did we get everything wrong because we're feckless idiots who have no idea what we're talking about? While you're down there, leave us suggestions for future episodes, because we take all of your feedback seriously. I promise, we actually do! We also accept emails from listeners who are feeling more wordy, but you didn't hear it from me. And don't forget to follow us on Instagram for the complete TRAPPO experience!

Thanks for listening!



Comments

  1. So overall I agree with the choices for the mixtape. I think it's a pretty cool collection of music. As far as my picks go, thanks for trying, Dustin. And as for you, Ky... you've made a powerful enemy this day.

    Better late than never, my dudes. Good jams and just in time for some summer cruising. But you'd better sleep with one eye open, Ky. Legal Tender shall be avenged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTDubs, I was born The Spanish Mole, and I'll die The Spanish Mole!

      Delete
  2. I was never a big fan of the B 52s, but I listened to the show and I like what I've heard, so I've started listening to their stuff, with their debut album. I really like it. It's grungy and goofy and really upbeat. Kitschy cool music. Thanks for turning me onto a neat band that's been around for a very long time, but I've been too stubborn to give them a chance until now because I guess I'm just an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More Mixtapes Please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew WIG was a longshot, but I had to take the chance. Cool episode overall, but I think you guys should really cover Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson and Fred Schneider's solo albums in a follow-up episode. That would be pretty neat. You wouldn't have to spend a lot of time on any of them, and you could just keep the positive vibes flowing from this mothership episode. Just as long as you discuss "The Vertical Mind". That's all I really need. You can cover the other two if you really want to, but if you only have time to talk about The Superions, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment