KTRP PRESENTS: THE GRUESOME TWOSOME'S HAUNTED HALLOWEEN!

 


Happy Halloween, trick-or-treaters! The grand day has finally arrived, and along with it a terrifying surprise for your listening displeasure! You may remember a few weeks ago we asked you all to share your favorite Halloween memories with us. You sure delivered, and we greatly appreciate all of your responses! In fact, we enjoyed reading your memories so much we felt they were too good for something so pedestrian as a simple episode of TRAPPO's Mail Bag, so we did something a little different: we created our own fake FM radio station. Below you can listen to The Gruesome Twosome's Haunted Halloween broadcast live on 66.6 KTRP: The Home Of Halloween! The broadcast is divided into two parts, the first part being a discussion of The Witching Hour, the 2020 release from Ryan Graveface's The Marshmallow Ghosts. And in part two, your fiendish hosts Gore The Bore and Carey Coronary share some loyal listeners' cherished Halloween memories. 

This episode is a little unorthodox, even for us, but we absolutely love Halloween, and we love all of you dear listeners, so we wanted to do something special to both celebrate this fabulous holiday and to showcase your wonderful reminiscences. What you're about to listen to is certainly a little rough around the edges, but it was made with love, and we truly hope you appreciate it. The very special episode is below, and you can also find it on Apple, Google, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify and Anchor, so choose your own adventure and remember: it's always after midnight somewhere...



Join the conversation! Leave a comment below telling us what you thought of the latest episode, and while you're at it don't forget to suggest topics for future installments! And if you're so inclined, we always love the occasional haunted email for those of you who have so much to share that it can't be contained within the limitations of a simple blog comment. What have you been getting into lately? Heard any good music? Seen any good movies? Read any good books? Tell us all about it! And tell us all about how you've celebrated Halloween this year while you're spilling your guts. We'd love to hear from you! And don't forget to follow us on Instagram and Twitter for the complete TRAPPO experience!

Thanks for listening and Happy Halloween!


Comments

  1. Can TRAPPO just be this from now on? That would be better. More Doctor Butcher and Gary and the grinder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't sound like that, and I would never introduce myself with "all right people, it's AquaSlash". Other than that I'm okay with my portrayal. This was a neat idea and I appreciate what you guys did. I wouldn't mind hearing more broadcasts from The Gruesome Twosome on KTRP myself. A fine Halloween jape, TRAPS. I love the effort. More, please.

    I somehow recently stumbled upon a musical creation from an artist called THE CRUCIFIX (it's supposed to be in all-caps and I don't know why so don't bother asking). It's a thing called Gothorum Aurora, and I don't know what the hell's going on. It's a sort of sweeping gothic synthwave epic that sounds fucking amazing, and it's apparently either the soundtrack of an apocalyptic story or the story itself. I'm not entirely sure. Gothorum Aurora is actually the name of a weapon that was designed to kill the cruel gods that rule the universe, and it could only be wielded by a legendary figure called "Darkwinged", but he has turned his back on destiny and joined the evil gods, driving his brother "THE CRUCIFIX" mad with rage. There are a thousand improbable twists and turns in this story that reads like seven seasons of an insane anime, and I think that might be the point? Just read the flavor text for yourself and see if you can make any sense out of it. It's on Bandcamp and it's name your price, so you've got nothing to lose except your precious, precious time.

    I think it's really, really cool, but I also have no idea what to make of it. Is it good? Or do I just love the ambition this artist is displaying? Is it both? THE CRUCIFIX. I can't really find anything about the artist online, which is really frustrating. I don't know who this artist is or where they come from or what their intentions are with this music. Is it a dry run for an ambitious multi-media story? Just an odd side-gig? Am I supposed to be taking this story seriously? I have absolutely no idea. It's so overwrought and bizarre that I think I love it. Gothorum Aurora. What the fuck is it? I don't have a clue. But it's fucking nuts and you guys should check it out.

    Get on it, TRAPS. Tell me I'm out of my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a miracle! I wish I'd been listening live, I would've called in. We could've talked about the Black Mass I had attended the prior evening. It was pretty cool, but SPOILER ALERT the devil never showed up. I'm sure he had better things to do at midnight on All Hallows Eve, but he could have just popped in for a moment and said hello. I did have a pretty good Halloween this year. My big sister had a fucking blast screaming at strange children all night. After the kiddies all went to bed we watched Return Of The Living Dead on 4K (thanks, Scream Factory!) and ate a bowl of candy corn and drank a bunch of apple spiced rum one of my neighbors distills herself. That shit hit HARD, let me tell you. Needless to say, we both passed out on the sofa and woke up with splitting headaches, but it was worth it.

    Good show, TRAPS. I love the different format. Don't be shy to break it out again whenever it feels right. And let's hope it feels right, if you know what I mean, a little more often. I've never heard any of the Marshmallow Ghosts stuff before, but I'm digging into the catalogue this week based on The Witching Hour, which is pretty neat. KTRP: The Home of Halloween!

    I'm not going to get into the life and times of John Mark Lapham here because I don't have the space, but the music composer/producer just dropped an album under his Old Fire moniker called VOIDS and it's just an absolute masterpiece. The music features an alternating cast of vocalists who deliver haunting performances to highlight some staggeringly beautiful and at times disturbing music that is blowing me away. I just bought it today (did I mention it dropped today) and I've been listening to it all afternoon. It's fucking awesome music from some incredible talented musicians and the TRAPS need to get down with Old Fire A S A fucking P.

    Fall into the VOIDS and disappear into autumnal doom so palpable that if you close your eyes, you can feel yourself being buried alive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the other radio stuff was better than the actual episode. The wrap-around stuff and the ads were cool. You should just maybe do that stuff from now on. Pull the plug on TRAPPO because that sucks and just make KTRP the show from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently I'm part mosquito. Sometimes you think you sound a certain way, then you hear a recording of your own voice and realize you're not really a human being but a goddamned muppet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment