TRAPPO's Mail Bag #18! (The Batman One)

 


The show that talks about you on purpose is talking about BATMAN on purpose this week. That's right, dear listener, this episode is all about the fallout from last September's Super-Controversial Live Action Batman Rankings episode, which got a surprising number of responses from some very passionate fans of The Dark Knight, and we finally decided to respond to them. Sure, it took us a while to get here, but at least we're dismissive of your personal rankings, so that's cool, right? But we also talk about a bunch of other stuff, like British alt-rockers Wet Leg's self-titled debut album, and we also ramble about Vincent Gallo's Buffalo 66 for a while (because we know what our audience wants), Sarah Neufeld's brilliant Detritus, Something called "Toehider" (pronounced "Toe Hider") that sounds pretty cool, somebody else recommends the music of King Woman to us, which we always appreciate, some deranged commenter wants to take our relationship to the next level, and so much more! It's a pretty stacked Mail Bag this week, so strap in and enjoy the journey. The episode is embedded below, and you can also find it on Apple, Google, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, Anchor and Amazon, so choose your own adventure and let's get this party started...



Join the conversation! Leave a comment below telling us what you think of the episode, what you think of TRAPPO in general, or really whatever you want to discuss. We don't care what you type down below, as long as it doesn't get racist or cruel or bigoted in any way. If you go down that route, we'll delete that shit immediately, because TRAPPO doesn't fuck with scumbags. But if you've got something you wanna share, tell us all about it. We'd love to hear your recommendations and your stories. You can also send us a lengthy email if you're feeling more verbose, which we always appreciate. Seriously. Send us an email. We'd love to read it. And if you're looking for the complete TRAPPO experience, find us on Instagram, because that's still a thing. 

Thanks for listening!

Comments

  1. You’re both being rather rude to your listeners for simply offering their opinions on Batman movies. Opinions you seemed to ask for. How does anybody listen to this podcast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toehider is the goods. Don’t dismiss the band cuz they got a weird name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know what’s going on with this Blind Stanley character, but Future Cream is a good name for a punk band. I’m into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buffalo 66 is pretentious trash masquerading as an art film and Vincent Gallo is an egomaniacal creep. The man got so high on his own supply he thought he could get away with filming Chloe Sevigny sucking his dick on film for his execrable follow-up, The Brown Bunny if he called it “art”. It’s not art. It’s exploitative filth, and he should be ashamed of himself but the man clearly has no sense of shame.

    He currently operates a website where he offers himself as a high-class gigolo to “all women”, as long as they don’t mind shelling out 50 grand for a dream-come-true weekend with the one and only stud du jour Vincent Gallo. He also offers his sperm for artificial insemination for the low price of one million dollars. Is this genuine, or just an extension of his pathetic “art”, a low form of satire from a man who cannot grasp the true definition of the term? Knowing Gallo, he’s probably dead serious.

    What a wretched worm this mockery of a man truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nobody even talks about that new Batman movie anymore. Where’s the cultural impact? It seems like nothing leaves a mark anymore. I thought it was good, but not great. A decent start. I don’t know how that movie got away with a PG-13 rating, though. It felt pretty brutal at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There’s this little band called Black Sabbath. Maybe you’ve heard of them? Why don’t you cover some of their earth shattering music. If not. What the fuck is wrong with you. Don’t be fucking posers. Black Sabbath is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's up with the wolf on your logo? What happened to the clown?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of candy do you boys like? I enjoy Andes mints and Lemonheads a lot. I hate Tootsie Rolls with a passion. In terms of candy bars, as far as I’m concerned you really can’t go wrong with a good Payday, or maybe a Toblerone if you’re feeling fancy. Something about those triangle-shaped boxes always gave me the impression that Toblerone bars were elitist, though. Not for the common folk. I rarely ate them growing up because they were more expensive, but they really are quite good. Those rich pricks in their gated communities probably have triangle-shaped crates full of these things that they just eat at their leisure while thinking about how awesome their lives are and wiping their mouths with silk handkerchiefs that they just throw into the fireplace when they’re done with them. But they get old and die too, so the joke’s on them.

    I got stung by a bee once when I was a kid, and I nearly died. I was playing hide and seek with a friend in a playground, and I got stung on my cheek. My head swelled up like a beach ball and my tongue got too big for mouth and started blocking my airway. Hell of a way to find out you’re allergic. I still won the game, though. When I found my friend, he screamed because he thought I was a monster.

    I also love Kit Kats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bruce Springsteen is coming to my town and seeing BOSSMAN in concert is a bucket list item for me, but his tickets cost like a million dollars and they sold out anyway. What kind of awful world is this? You have to be a regular millionaire or rob a damn bank to afford Springsteen tickets. I hate this so much. And the situation makes me hate the Bruce-meister a little bit, too. Does this wealthy asshole need to charge so much? I saw Paul McCartney not too long ago, and I got pretty good seats for around 100 bucks a pop. This Springsteen thing just feels off to me. I thought you were a fan of the working man, Spring Man. Now it feels like you’re a fan of sticking it to the working man. The thought of going to see any big band in concert these days makes me wonder if I’m going to have to take out a second mortgage on my house or try and sell a kidney. I just fucking hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment