New Music Showcase: "Radical Romantics" by Fever Ray (Poll Closed)

 


(Thanks to everybody who voted in our poll, which is officially closed! Technically the poll ended in a tie, but Radical Romantics is in the can(n)on anyway, because Ky says it's in! That's how it works, I guess. Thanks for voting! -D)

Welcome to the first edition of our brand-new... I don't know what we're supposed to call this thing. A "sub-series"? Is that correct? We'll just go along with that. So welcome, dear listener, to the first edition of what will hopefully become a long-running sub-series here at TRAPPO: The New Music Showcase! Now what, you may well be asking, is The New Music Showcase? Why, it's an earnest attempt from us here at the show that talks about stuff on purpose to inform you, dear listener, of some recently released music. That's pretty much it. We listen to new music, we chat about it for a few minutes to provide you with a little context, then we ask you to listen to it and get back to us with your informed opinions. It's that easy! This first episode of The New Music Showcase is all about multi-talented Swedish artist Fever Ray's latest release, Radical Romantics, so give it a listen below, or find us on Apple, Google, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify For Podcasters (*puke*), Spotify or Amazon and plug some new music into your squishy brain parts!




And if you want to listen to Radical Romantics, it's embedded below (or just click right here) for your convenience!



While we've got your attention, why don't you leave a comment below telling us what you think of Fever Ray's Radical Romantics in excruciating detail? Don't hold back. We want your honest opinions. Do you enjoy this record? Do you think it's a reeking pile of garbage? Tell us what's on your mind! And you can also tell us what you think of this fledgling "sub-series" while you're typing your lives away down there if you're in the proper mood. We love your feedback. 

Speaking of feedback: please, for the love of all things sacred, if you are reading this text, send us an email! We've grown truly desperate as of late, and we need somebody, anybody, to validate our online existence with an email. It's trapposhow@gmail.com, by the way. Send us an email, even if you just want to spend a few minutes calling us sad losers who wouldn't know how to make an entertaining podcast if our pathetic lives depended on it. Engagement is engagement, after all, and beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for listening, thanks for voting, and we'll see you next time!

Comments

  1. This stuff doesn't do anything for me. I tried to listen to it. But I'm not feeling so Romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Radical Romantics was okay. Thanks for introducing me to the music. I didn't like it enough to vote "yes", but it was a decent listen. As far as the NEW MUSIC SHOWCASE, just keep doing this. It's good! I'd never heard of Fever Ray before this, so you guys definitely did what you set out to do. More of this stuff, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smokey Robinson's got a new album out called "Gasms". Like ORGASMS. He's like a hundred years old and he's doing interviews pimping his lame new music talking about how much he likes to fuck. I don't need to know what you're doing with your limp dick and those little blue pills, Methuselah. What kind of world is this? I feel like I've lost my goddamned mind. Why is the fucking ghost of Smokey Robinson out there haunting the airwaves with this try-hard subversive trash? We are circling the drain, my friends.

    I listened to Radical Romantics. It's good. Their first, self-titled album is better. I can't in good conscience vote to put Radical Romantics in the canon if Fever Ray (the album, not the artist) isn't in there already. Sorry, TRAPS. But if you want to put Fever Ray (the album, not the artist) in the canon, then I'll gladly switch my vote and accept Radical Romantics with open arms. "Shiver" and "Bottom Of The Ocean" are both awesome, though.

    Since you TRAPS are cruising for new music, I guess I could recommend something that reminds me just a little bit of Fever Ray. A record dropped today called "Museum" by JFDR. JFDR is short for Jófríður Ákadóttir, an Icelandic musician who's out there doing her thing. This is her thing. "Museum" is her thing. I like it. I listened to the whole record today. I'll probably listen to it again tomorrow. Listen to "Spectator", and if you're not sold, then just move on with your life. That's the center piece, kids.

    Spring has sprung. My bell has been rung. Listen to "Museum" or drown in cum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TRAPPO is CRAPPO. I just thought of that off the top of my head because I’m such a clever person. Sometimes when it’s really late at night I can hear the guy in the next apartment over typing. He has a typewriter. And he’s typing something all the time. Every night he types for hours. What’s he typing? I have no idea. But it’s starting to really mess with my brain. This prick just types and types and types. He’s composing something in that cramped little apartment. He lives alone. All alone. Typing at all hours of the night. He has a patchy beard and he always looks so tired whenever I see him. I don’t think he’s getting enough sleep. Do you think he listens to TRAPPO while he’s typing? I guess I could ask him. Maybe he’s transcribing each episode as he listens in real time. That could be it. I voted no, because no. Jam it up your cloaca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are some quotes from reviews for Radical Romantics:

    Pitchfork: "A dark, atmospheric, and thought-provoking work of art."
    The Guardian: "A must-listen for fans of dark electronic music."
    NME: "A truly unique and innovative work of art."
    Rolling Stone: "A haunting and beautiful album that will stay with you long after you listen to it."

    And here's one more:

    Mallard Blues: *SHRUG*

    Put that quote on a fucking billboard. I wish your poll was still open so I could vote "no" a thousand times. Or maybe just once. I didn't hate it. But it didn't do much for me. Better luck next time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment