The Glenn Danzig Episode! (Poll Closed)

 


(The poll is closed, and Glenn Danzig's Black Aria and Black Aria II have officially been inducted into the TRAPPO Essentials Can(n)on! Congratulations, Uncle Glenn! You did it! -D)

You asked for it, dear listener, and at long last we have delivered! The show that talks about stuff on purpose is dedicating an entire episode to our dear Uncle Glenn Danzig! We've finally done the thing you wanted us to do! So welcome to The Glenn Danzig Episode, a show all about the man, the myth, the swaggering metal legend behind The Misfits, Samhain, Danzig, and a whole bunch of other stuff! 

Checkmate, dear listener!

You can check out this epic episode below, or find TRAPPO on Apple, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, Some Other Thing Also Called Spotify, and Amazon, so choose your own adventure and join us on this exciting descent into the abyss! We actually worked pretty hard on this episode, so we sincerely hope you enjoy it. If not, maybe you should just keep that to yourself. 




Would you like to sample the majesty of Black Aria? You may do so at your leisure below, or just follow this link to Glenn Danzig's Bandcamp page!





You can also listen to Black Aria II below, or follow this link to Uncle Glenn's Bandcamp page!




Join the conversation! Tell us what you thought of our latest episode, what you think about Glenn Danzig and his ever-growing body of work, how disappointed you are that we didn't cover the music you actually wanted us to cover, or whatever else is on your mind. Just sound off by leaving a couple dozen comments below. If the thoughts you wish to share are too voluminous to be contained within a simple blog comment, then feel free to blast off a long-winded email our way! Address those missives to trapposhow@gmail.com and we'll get back to you at our earliest convenience. We've also got the whole social media thing on lockdown, so join us on Instagram and Threads and we can shitpost our lives away while the world slowly dies!

Thanks for listening, and HAIL SATAN!


P.S. - Here's the so-called "Starburst" Black Aria vinyl. Come on, Glenn. 


Comments

  1. I wouldn't call either one of these records stunning works of art, but I really like them both. And based on that photo, I think your vinyl technically qualifies as "star burst", but only just barely. Or maybe not. I don't know. Okay it's not "star burst". That's just lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff just goes on forever. I tapped out. Stop rambling about European composers and poems and talk about the damn music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ain't no stupid asshole. I'm putting this jizz in the cannon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BLACK ARIA! That's a surprise for me. I am not a Glenn Danzig person. Nothing against the guy. I just am not terribly familiar with his music and he's transformed into kind of a human meme, and that's really all I know about the man. This episode actually opened my eyes to a degree. The Black Arias are pretty cool music, and even if the episode meanders a bit, I still enjoyed the journey. Thanks for introducing me to this music. I think it's neat. I can't wait for more Danzig coolness. Or maybe I can. Either way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the "glenn danzig" episode. i get it. now talk about some of the danzig music people actually like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment