New Music Showcase: "Great Haunting" from Earth Tongue

 


Welcome back dear listener. How are things? Good, I hope. It's time for the latest episode of the show that talks about stuff on purpose. Exciting, I know. Even more exciting: it's a New Music Showcase. Oh yeah. This time around, we're talking about Earth Tongue! No, not the creepy-looking fungus, that wouldn't make any sense. Earth Tongue is a macabre fuzz-rock duo from New Zealand, and their sophomore album, Great Haunting, has been recently unleashed upon this miserable world, to much fanfare. How much fanfare? TRAPPO's covering it, so that's a pretty big deal. People take TRAPPO seriously. We're big-time tastemakers, dear listener. You don't follow us on social media, so you don't know what's going on in the world. If you've never heard the music of this Kiwi Goth duo, then allow us to introduce you to your latest obsession! Check it out below, or find us on Apple, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, Something Also Called Spotify, and Amazon, so choose your own adventure and follow your bliss into the abyss...



If you'd like to check out the music of Earth Tongue, and you really should, just CLICK HERE to visit their lovely Bandcamp page, or just sample their music via the handy embed directly below this text!



Now it's time for the call to action, dear listener. At this point, I wonder why I even bother. The number of comments we've received over the past few weeks is... just pathetic. I don't know what we're doing wrong, if I'm being honest. Perhaps people are just tired of commenting on blogs. People don't care about blogs anymore, it seems. This is just a digital fossil, I suppose, ignored and forgotten by the masses. I know the reanimated corpse that used to be Anchor now includes the option to leave comments, but nobody's talking to us over there either, so I guess it's just us. Nobody likes TRAPPO, which is fair enough.

I'm still going to ask you to type a comment below, because I don't know what else to do. So please leave a comment below. Tell us what you think of the amazing music of Earth Tongue, share your thoughts on the creepy fungus called the earth tongue, or whatever else is on your mind. Have you ever met the devil? You could tell us about that. We've also got an official email address. It's trapposhow@gmail.com, so if you feel like sending us an email, you certainly can. You won't, but the door is always open. We're hanging out on Threads, so CLICK HERE to follow us there for your social media fix, which we would very much appreciate. We're also on Instagram and BlueSky, but we don't really do a lot on those platforms for various reasons. You could follow us there too, which would be cool, but don't expect much from us over there. Just follow us on Threads. It's fun. Sometimes.

Thanks for listening!










That's it. That's all I've got for this week. We had an honestly disastrous recording session the other day that has left me in a pretty bad place, so I don't have a lot of positivity to share right now. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this dumb show. I know somebody listens to TRAPPO, but they might as well be ghosts considering how often we hear from these nebulous listeners. But that's certainly not the only problem facing TRAPPO right now. Will things improve? Probably not. I've been through this before, hoping for change, but that change never really happened. We just kept chugging along. Season four is coming up soon. That's a perfect opportunity for something different to occur. But it will most likely just be more of the same. Diminishing returns. I really do try. Every single time I post an episode, I'm trying. This takes a lot of work to put together. You may not always hear the effort, but it's always there. 

Whatever. You don't care. Just leave a comment telling me I'm an idiot and the show is garbage and we should just give up. None of this matters, anyway. So don't leave any comments. Who cares? It's so much easier to just not bother. I liked the whole TRAPPO's Mail Bag thing because I thought it would encourage more interaction with the listeners, but half of the comments we receive are entirely worthless and the episodes have become more and more negative and combative over the past several months, so maybe we don't need to do those anymore. I'll probably just directly respond to comments here on the blog from here on out. At least that will be different in season four. No more Mail Bags? We'll see. At the very least, they'll be much less frequent moving forward. I guess TRAPPO will still keep going, regardless of your continued lack of engagement.  

Although I did ask for somebody to share a Yorkshire Pudding recipe in a recent episode, and somebody actually did just that in a comment, which was much appreciated. 

I guess we'll just see what happens. I will, anyway. You don't exist. 

Comments

  1. Cool music. The podcast sucks. Thanks for sharing your lame thoughts at the end that nobody wants to hear. You should probably just stop making this dumb podcast if it’s that much of a hassle. We’d all be better off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could stop being such a joyless prick, but I guess neither of us is going to get what we want out of this. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    2. Great way to attract new listeners!

      Delete
    3. You weren't going to keep listening anyway. Why should I give a damn about whatever you have to say? Go listen to a podcast you actually like and leave us alone.

      Delete
  2. I thought the episode was pretty good. And Earth Tongue is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bimmy!

      Delete
    2. You’re welcome, KyFromTrappo. Why do you spell TRAPPO without all caps, by the way? It feels weird.

      Delete
    3. Ky doesn't spell TRAPPO in all caps because he's a contrarian asshole. Don't worry about it.

      Delete
    4. ContrarianAsshole from TRAPPOSeptember 4, 2024 at 9:28 PM

      I just type shit Bimmy!

      Delete

Post a Comment