TRAPPO's Old Music Showcase: The Psychedelic Music Episode! (Satanic Panic POLL Closed)

 


(Well, there was a poll, and it was open for a week, and one person voted. They voted in favor of Let The World Burn Down from The Devils, but against Vid​é​kek Vannak Idebenn from The Devil's Trade. What am I supposed to do with that? You know what? They're both in the Can(n)on. How about that? Aliens are gonna be masturbating their juicy fruits to both of these albums as soon as we finish building that fucking cannon in the desert. Thanks for turning out for this poll, dear imaginary listener. We both really appreciate it. -D)

You may have thought we didn't post a new episode last week if you checked the blog, since I didn't post anything here, but you'd be wrong. Last week, we dropped our second Old Music Showcase last week, dear listener! And it was a real doozy! Psychedelic music. Do you know about psychedelic music? I'm not talking about the modern crap that passes for "psychedelic" these days. I'm referring to the old stuff. The good stuff. Unadulterated 1960s psychedelia, baby! The episode is an in-depth profile of the original psychedelic music movement, the artists that emerged from the upheaval and positivity of the era, and a whole bunch of other stuff that you probably never wanted to know about psychedelic music, but it's stuff that you need to know, so you should listen to the episode at your earliest convenience. 

So why didn't I post anything on the blog last week? Honestly, I got caught up editing the season finale of the podcast, and that really monopolized my time for reasons that will be immediately clear if you bother to listen to that particular episode when it goes live at the end of September. I'm not saying you'll enjoy the finale, only that you'll understand why it took me a little extra time to cut together. Either way, the blog suffered last week, but it didn't really matter since this little blog is almost entirely ignored anyway these days, so I don't feel too bad about missing last week's post. But you should still listen to the latest Old Music Showcase, which is embedded below, or you can find it on Apple, RadioPublic, Pocket Casts, Spotify, Spotify 2, and Amazon, so choose your own adventure and tune in, turn on and drop out with TRAPPO...



Okay, so there's also a new episode this week. I didn't skip a week just because last week's episode was so long and involved. I could have. Maybe I should have. But I didn't. This week's new episode is... it's a new episode of TRAPPO. The concept was "Satanic Panic album exchange", meaning myself and my co-host each choose an album that uses the word "devil" somewhere, either in the name of the artist or the name of the album itself. The music doesn't have to relate to the devil or hell or anything like that. It just has to use the word "devil" somewhere. Not much of a concept, if I'm being honest, but they can't all be winners. And this episode is far from a winner, dear listener. The albums we try to feature on the episode are Let The World Burn Down from The Devils and Vid​é​kek Vannak Idebenn from The Devil's Trade. We don't do either of the artists justice in this episode, which I probably should have just scrapped instead of sharing with the world, but I got desperate and needed to plug a hole in the schedule, so quality has been sacrificed on the altar of quantity once again. You can listen to it via all the same links if you're interested. 

You shouldn't listen to the episode, but you can. But don't.



Listen to Let The World Burn Down from The Devils either via the embed below or by CLICKING HERE to visit their Bandcamp.



Listen to Vid​é​kek Vannak Idebenn from The Devil's Trade either via the embed below or by CLICKING HERE to visit their Bandcamp.




Join the conversation if that sounds like something you'd like to do. Leave a comment below, telling us what you think of the music we featured on the latest episodes. Or tell us anything else. What's on your mind? Sound off in a comment, or CLICK HERE to send us an email if you're got something more substantial on your mind. We'd sure appreciate that. You can also follow us on Threads if you're ready to join the cool kids where we all hang out and share dirty jokes and send each other pictures of big boobs and other really neat stuff that we don't do anywhere else. 

We're also launching a Substack on September 4. It's called The TRAPPO Town Gazette, and we'll dispatch a new edition each and every Wednesday! You can CLICK HERE to subscribe, and then new editions will magically appear in your inbox every week. It's free, by the way. Whatever content we share in the Gazette will always be free. There isn't even an option to pay, so don't worry about that, dear listener. There will be bizarre movie reviews, obscure music recommendations, gonzo trivia, and whatever else happens to be on our minds. And by "our minds" I of course mean my mind, since my co-host has no interest in any of this stuff. He shows up once in a while to record an episode or two, and that's pretty much all he's ever going to do, so this is all me, baby. It's all Dustin, for better or for worse. 

You're welcome. 

Seriously, subscribe to The TRAPPO Town Gazette. New stuff in your inbox each Wednesday. And it's free. You have literally nothing to lose. All I'm trying to do is entertain you a little every week. Don't be an asshole. CLICK HERE to subscribe. I'll be grateful, you'll be entertained, it's a win-win. 

Thanks for whatever, dear listener.


Comments

  1. Wow this Satanic music episode was not good. You probably shouldn't have released it. But I did like the psychedelic music show. Good production. So keep doing that and you'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tease me with a conversation about ego death and never follow up on it? That's bogus, man. I think you're too hard on The Freeborne, despite agreeing with your opinions overall. I would very much like to return to frenzy. Good show, TRAPPO. I have to concur with my anonymous friend on the production of the psychedelic episode. I'm not sure how feasible it is for you TRAPS to make episodes like that on a regular basis, but more of these would be appreciated. And please talk about Ultimate Spinach. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refuse to return to frenzy. And you don't need to hear my extended ramblings on ego death. I trimmed all that for a reason. We will likely discuss Ultimate Spinach again at some point in the future. Maybe. For you.

      Delete
  3. Nobody votes in your polls because nobody cares about your podcast. Cry more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the constructive feedback. I hope you die of dysentery soon.

      Delete

Post a Comment