New Music Showcase: "Why Does The Earth Give Us People To Love?" by Kara Jackson (Poll Closed)

 


(Kara Jackson's Why Does The Earth Give Us People To Love has won its poll and is hereby formally inducted into the TRAPPO Essentials Can(n)on. Congrats! -D)


Spooky season is over, dear listener. But is it really? The simple truth is that spooky season never has to end. Not if you keep it alive in your hearts. But for now, the show that talks about stuff on purpose is moving on from one format (KTRP) that nobody listens to, in order to focus on another format that nobody listens to. That's right! It's time for another New Music Showcase! Please try to contain your excitement, friends.

This week, we're looking at Kara Jackson's debut album, Why Does The Earth Give Us People To Love? Kara Jackson, the immensely talented National Youth Poet Laureate from Oak Park Illinois, has given us all a gift with this album, dear listener. And you owe it to yourself to check it out. Let the beauty and melancholy of Kara Jackson's music change your life. You also owe it to yourself to listen to our New Music Showcase which discusses the beauty and melancholy of Kara Jackson's music. You can listen to the episode below, or find us on Apple, Google, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, Spotted Fly for Spud Blasters, and Amazon, so choose your own adventure and let's introduce you to some killer new tunes...



You can also listen to Kara Jackson's album below, or follow this link to check out her Bandcamp!



Join the conversation! What conversation? I don't know. Maybe the one occurring down below in the comments section. Is there a conversation going on down there right now? I don't know. I'm writing the post right now, so there are definitely no comments as of yet. But one hopes there will be some comments down there soon. You could provide those comments, dear listener. We're not gonna do it, so somebody has to. It might as well be you. Just tell us what you think of Kara Jackson's album. Did you like it? Did you love it? How much did you love it? How much do you love TRAPPO? Tell us all about it down below. Tell us anything, really. Do you have any topics you'd like us to discuss in future episodes? Share those topics below. Any family recipes you'd like us to cook and review? Type those out down there. We always love your feedback. 

You could also share that feedback in the form of an email, which, if we're being honest, we love a little more than a comment. I know we shouldn't be picking favorites, but who doesn't love getting emails from their fans? Now do we have fans? That remains to be seen. You could send us an email, and that would be cool. It's trapposhow@gmail.com. Send us some emails. That's right, I said some emails, as in more than one. Send us emails every single day. We will be your friends for life. Or at least until somebody else sends us an email. We're also on social media. Do you like Instagram? How about BlueSky? Maybe Threads? Do you know what Threads is? Because we're on there, too. TRAPPO is all over social media. So follow us there is you're looking for the complete TRAPPO experience. 

That's it for now. Listen to the episode. Then listen to Why Does The Earth Give Us People To Love?, then vote in the poll. Then comment. Then send us an email. And follow us on social media. Let's be friends forever. 

Thanks for listening!

Comments

  1. Threads isn't a real thing. It doesn't exist. Nice try, TRAPPO. I voted yes, because poetry is goals, whatever that means. I don't know. Just put it in the fucking cannon and blast it into the fucking cosmos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole show is a complete mess. And what the heck is wrong with this show and the toilet stuff? Nobody should ever send you pictures of their toilet. What kind of sick fetish crap is this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you asked, I have a topic I'd like you two dear friends to discuss in a future episode of TRAPPO, the show that talks about stuff on purpose. Jess Joy's second album just dropped. It's called SOURCEHEIRESS. I think you pronounce it "Source Heiress", but I'm not sure and I really don't care. It's good music. I like it a lot. Really exuberant and weird, with some great layered melodies. There's a lot of imagination on display in these compositions, and some clever wordplay in the lyrics, to boot. It's cool stuff. And you claim to talk about STUFF on purpose. So I guess the ball's on your court.

    CHECKMATE, TRAPS.

    And of course I voted for Kara Jackson to win. It's got the Archbishop's seal of approval. Which means absolutely nothing in the real world. So take that as you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to sign up for Threads, but it wouldn't let me create an account without downloading the app to my phone. That's a no-go for me, since I don't do social media on my phone. It's a rule that's kept me relatively sane so far, and I'm not gonna break it for you TRAPS, I'm sorry to say. But I would follow you on Threads if I were on there. But I'm not. So I won't. I missed the poll, but I'm glad the music has been canonized, cuz it's cool and clever and I like it a lot. Maybe not "album of the year" material for me, but it's solid tunes, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment